header-photo

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Random thoughts - Feb. 26

Random thoughts...

1. What does it say about me that I would rather wait at a light to take my turn than have to decide when to merge into oncoming traffic? There are two particular places that come to mind where I routinely choose to sit through a couple of lights rather than go the shorter way because of this.

2. In April of 2008 my grandmother passed away. I bought waterproof mascara as a precautionary measure and have since only used waterproof mascara. I started crying that month, and for some strange reason I cry all the time now. At silly commercials, my daughters' program at school (which wasn't even a tear jerker), over a dirty bathtub, and at countless other noncrying moments. Happy, sad, frustrated, mad, hopeful, wistful, sleepy, bored. It doesn't even matter. The faucet turned on and now it leaks.

3. I start work on Monday. This week was a flurry of getting background checks and filling out paperwork and getting fingerprinted. My principal just called me and said to be there Monday at 8am. I am pretty sure I'll arrive a tad bit earlier than that. I have no idea what I'm supposed to teach so I need to get a look at those lesson plans!

4. My train of thought jumped the track, and now I can't remember what other random thoughts I was having. Oh well.

No comments: