header-photo

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Stele of St. Gregory Thaumaturgus

While touring the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul I witnessed several people going up to this column and putting their hand on it. I asked Brian about it since he has been to Hagia Sophia several times. He said that supposedly if when you put your thumb in this depression and then turn your hand completely around it comes out wet you will get a miracle. We never tried it, but there were lines of people waiting to see if they would get a miracle.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting... very interesting.... indeed.

HeyJoe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Natalie said...

witty - thanks

heyjoe - it's a good thing i was sitting at my computer when your comment came! thankfully i think i am the only one who had a chance to read it. and yes...it was funny and i laughed. thanks!

Mike S said...

I actually tried that many decades ago. I think my miracle is that I've managed to survive this long despite my best efforts at an early demise from hair-brained stunts:)

Natalie said...

mike - that is a miracle! hee hee.

Gina said...

I would be afraid something would bite my thumb...I guess that would be the miracle, right??

Natalie said...

gina - yeah...i honestly thought about all the other thumbs that had been put in that hole and thought it would truly be a miracle if nobody got sick from the germs!